Senior Scala Developer (M/F)
As a Senior Scala Engineer, you will be responsible for backend application engineering encompassing microservices interacting with different aspects of products, from front-end to system operations and deployment, by ensuring great code quality and alignment with the overall architecture of the product.
Your daily job will be split between shipping features, reviewing other developers' code, mentoring and training less experienced developers.
You will interact daily with the management team by being a force of proposition in the design and architecture, before leading the implementation of ideas into the wider strategic road-map.
- Deep English knowledge
- Min 5 years experience as backend developer
- Great knowledge of Scala and ideally GO
- Proactive mindset and fast learning attitude
- 3+ years of development experience in quality backend
- Experience with microservices, message brokers
- Building applications in Scala for production
- Good knowledge of architecture and design principles for distributed systems
- Great communication skills
- Hands-on experience with Chart/Plotting libraries like D3, Plotly, or similar
- Good knowledge of Redux, Jest, and Enzyme
- Creative and being a force of proposition for improvement and new features
- Sensitive to User Experience
Stack used by our client:
- ReactJS on Front End, Data Viz
- Redis, MySQL
- OrientDB, ArangoDB
- Go, Scala services
- Traefik, Consul, Virtualbox, Docker, Azure Cloud, K3S, etc.
Our client is a Belgian based startup in its scale-up phase with existing customers in production in several countries of Europe. You'll join a dynamic human-sized team working in his new office in Milano.
Our client product is currently distributed across different countries in Europe and thus capabilities to work remotely are mandatory.
- Permanent contract with a competitive package
- MacBook PRO 16"
- Ticket Restaurant
- Smart Working
- Dedicated offices in a pleasant and social active coworking